Thursday, April 21, 2011

no creative titles left.

Well last night was a crisis. At 8 p.m. just when we thought we'd be putting very few finishing touches onto our master document of our prototype, the file corrupted. Not the type of corrupt that can be recovered from either. DONE. Never to be opened again. After a few minutes (around 34) of panicking, we opted to create an entirely new master document--all 44 of them. We also had to update to all of the new design changes as the most recent ones had been saved on the master. Partly our fault....mostly InDesigns. Thanks, Adobe. But we recovered and Friday can't come sooner. We will FINALLY be finished with this huge project--minus the part where we drive to Iowa at 4:30 in the morning to present them. It'll be worth it....that's what I keep telling myself. 


Critique: Plaid Dad--REVISED
I am so happy with the way that our prototype has turned out. We had a few roadblocks along the way, but we've almost made it. So here are a few of my revised features and departments. 










One of the difficulties we faced was designing in a way that would appeal to our target audience--dads. But I think for the most part we pulled it off. 


Response: Blog re-design
We did critiques of our blogs in lab yesterday and out of that came my re-design. I hadn't even thought about it before, but there were definite legibility issues with my posts. So, I recreated my blog to fit my design style and designed the banner head in InDesign. I chose more muted colors but I gave my blog some life. I went from black to a much more fun palette. 


Check it Out: "If logos were honest" and beautiful photography from YOUTHEDESIGNER
I stumbled upon this hilarious blog post on My Modern Met today. These are not your normal logos, but rather spoofs of what some famous logos should actually say. I laughed out loud looking at these. Here are a few of my favorites below. 



Check out the rest of the logos here.

The other cool thing I found this week is from YOUTHEDESIGNER. They feature some really beautiful flower photography. Often I find nature pictures to be cheesy, but the color and angles of these make them original and inspiring.


To see even more, check out the full post here.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Your Plaid Dad stuff looks great, corrupted file and all. You guys have some fun stories to work with.
    2. Procrastination. Yes.
    3. I love that the title is "Pictures of Flowers That'll Tug at your Heartstrings." They are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete