Wednesday, May 4, 2011

all the work is FINALLY paying off.

Critique: DIY Covers
This week our cover group is creating covers for the Do It Yourself issue about how to be an adult. I'm struggling a little bit with being creative because it is a package with such a wide-range of stories. However, here is the first cover I came up with. 




I like working with typography, and I think using typography is a good way to address the package as a whole. It will be interesting to see what else I can create for the DIY covers in terms of existing art (which is non-existent) and a studio shoot idea. 


Response: Real life
Well, graduation is in 10 days. 10 days until life changes a LOT, and I get some new roommates (my parents). But, I'm excited to start my newest adventures. This summer I'll be interning at St. Louis Magazine and working in an art/design position. I am SO excited to start, but a little unhappy that real life starts two days after graduation.
My capstone class has taught me so much this semester. I've loved the people, the instructors and as much as it pains me to say it, the projects. I definitely feel more ready to face reality after this semester, and I'm grateful to everyone who has helped me get there. 


Check it Out: PUPPIES
Well, YOUTHEDESIGNER made my night tonight. So, in the interest of time and the 12-page paper that is due in less that 12 hours, here is their latest post. It is dog wallpapers, and THEY ARE SO CUTE. My roommates want to kill me because I talk about how much I want a puppy every day. When talking to my dad on the phone today, I asked him if I could get a puppy for graduation. His response was: "when you move out and sign a lease on your own place." So I guess I'll just have to look at adorable pictures instead. Here's my favorite little wallpaper. 




You can see the rest of the dogs that will make your day here.


Sorry for the lameness of this post. I promise I'll elaborate later. Adios.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover! It's a cool solution to not having any art, and it definitely gets the point across. If I were to change one thing though, it feels a little feminine. But other than that, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the typography cover. I bet the reason the editors didn't go for it was because we've done a lot of typography covers lately (at least to some degree).

    Good luck at your summer internship! Sorry it's not paid. If I'm around this summer I want to go to the City Muesum at some point. I'll for sure give you a call!

    ReplyDelete