Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A good laugh.

Because I am feeling both generous and highly entertained, I am going to share with all of you two of the funniest things I found this week. The first was posted by a friend on Facebook, and although it is DEFINITELY designer humor and finding so much hilarity in it makes me a nerd, I will post it anyway. See below. 




Someone proceeded to comment underneath this picture: "I really hope someone else posts a note that says "We are a fortune 500 company, please stop capitalizing things like 'company' and 'lemonade stand'. They're not proper nouns."


The second find is 27b/6. It is a website (more of blog) run by David Thorne. Ultimately it is a compilation of his email correspondences with other people. He is also a designer, and often ties graphics and other illustrations into these emails which make them even more hilarious. He is extremely quick-witted and manages to make people look and probably feel like complete idiots while also getting his way. Below is the link to one particular email between David and his co-worker who requests that he create a flyer to help find her lost cat. 


Try not to laugh. 


2 comments:

  1. Those signs are really funny! Basically prove the need for graphic designers and journalists in all work environments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the signs on the door. I work in the office at Dobbs, and we are constantly posting signs about random stuff. It's funny, I always find myself looking for a fun font to use. It can be hard to change it up, especially when you're limited to the fonts loaded on Microsoft Word, but I would never use Comic Sans!

    ReplyDelete